1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple iPad - Unlimited Data Plan

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Jan 27, 2010.

1. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2
    [​IMG]

Apple has selected AT&T for the initial wireless provider of the Apple iPad. There will be two data plans available to give users an option depending on how much data is used. The first will run $30 per month for unlimited, and the second will be offered for $15/month for 250mb of data. The good news, no contact is required for either plan!
  2. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Wow..nice deals. This is to good to be true! eh...too bad they didnt select verison.
  3. huskur

huskur iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's only a matter of time before Apple jumps on the VZW bandwagon. Once that happens Apple makes huge strides in the wireless world
  4. Raeuber

Raeuber iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought that when Verizon took on the android project. You would think that Apple would want some of that market, but still they went with ATT
  5. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2
    I was shocked that Apple didn't announce the iPad to run on Verizon networks. I picked up some Verizon stock this morning anticipating the announcement was a sure thing..

6. iMike

iMike iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, this is great. I was already having issues with my iPhone on the AT&T 3g network. Love the device, but I really think Apple screwed up by going with AT&T for the iPad. The network is already over-saturated with iPhones, now hmmm, before AT&T upgrades their system to be able to handle the traffice, let's add another over sized iPod touch with 3g capability.

Looks like I may just be jumping to the Android platform for my smartphone needs.
  7. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    AT&T is pure fail. Its just a bit worse than verison. I like AT&T speed on the internet, and the download speed aswell.(a bit faster than verison)
  8. Kakusei

Kakusei iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems like a good deal, but for personal preferences in my past, I'd rather not have AT&T.
  9. tonygunn

tonygunn iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm just glad it doesn't have Google all over it. I didn't see the features include memory card capability. Anyone know? It's a shame that it has a lightning fast chip and it's not going to optimal use.
  10. Varking

Varking iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The plan seems really good for a no contract type of item. The whole ordeal right now seems pretty impressive but I can't tell if I am enamored because of what it truly is, or because its just something new to me. Time will tell.
  11. Flaxie

Flaxie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This post was very helpful. I was thinking of buying an iPad, but AT&T service is not great around here. I'm a verizon customer. I guess iPad is not for me :(
  12. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0

iPad comes factory Unlocked and will work with any GSM carrier. Verizon and sprint are CDMA cariers, wont work with them.