Apple iPad case FINALLY!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Itzxdjx, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Junior

Junior
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    +1 for Apple OEM Case.

All others that I've tried are busted.

2. 328iGuy

328iGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    +1 for Apple OEM case here too! ;)

3. iPAD@UVA

iPAD@UVA
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree, I love my Apple case. I got it in April with my iPad and except for taking it out three times to try other cases, it lives in it. None of the other three cases measured up. Yes, it does get a bit dirty but cleanup is simple. A quick wipe down with a damp micro-fiber cloth and it looks like new.

4. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Add another vote for the OEM case. My only complaint isn't with the case per se, but I wish Apple would supply the larger docking cable (like they used to) which would make it easier to plug in the charger. Actually, plugging it in isn't the problem, it is unplugging it through the cutout with these fat fingers! Pretty picky of me, huh?

I still use my original Nano cable for syncing.

5. misterkofa

misterkofa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had the case for 2 days and it went right back. Looks great when carrying the iPad....but ends there.

6. 328iGuy

328iGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Why don't you let us know what you didn't like about the case and why you decided to return it?

7. misterkofa

misterkofa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    1. The ipad is very awkward to use when inside of the case. The front flap has to be folded behind it to use, making it very bulky. it's like holding the ipad and a legal pad at the same time.

2. Dust and dirt. As someone stated above, this things collects dust like you wouldn't believe. I only it for maybe a day and I could tell this case was a dust magnet.

3. EXTREMELY difficult to remove out of the case. Even though I wouldn't use it inside the case, the case looks very nice for transporting the iPad. The problem is getting it out. I don't care how strong you are, it's a TASK to get it out of the case. I mean, it's a BIG hassle.

I've found that the best way to use the iPad is sans case. Even though i would prefer some kind of stand to prop it up when in use but the ability to hold the ipad like a note pad is where it shines.

8. 328iGuy

328iGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok well your statements would be the same if not worse for ANY case on the iPad, so it's not really relevant to this thread at all?

As for the dust/dirt, it can attract it for sure, but as others have stated, the material is easily wiped with a damp cloth and as good as new, nothing sticks permanently.

9. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't want to use my iPad outside of a case. Much too slippery togrip.

10. Bluesjam

Bluesjam
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My local Apple store had the case in stock and I really like it, no problems for me.