What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID or password changed???

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Found a message on my iPad this morning asking me to confirm a email change to my apple account. I clicked NO (or cancel) and it disappeared but now I can't sign onto my apple account (iTunes store). I think it's going to be difficult to try and contact apple support on a Sunday. Anyone have any suggestions??
Thank you!

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried but apple support wants $ to help me. Ggrrrr!

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also they have sent email instructions to me twice to change my password but of course I'm not getting the email!

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you! I actually called Apple support and they were of NO help! I finally saw the "Hotmail" account that had hacked my Apple ID and all the apple rep could tell me was I might have forgotten my hotmail email address??? Um NO I never had a hotmail email address! Gggrrrr
I finally managed to sign out of my iTunes Store and reset my password. I reset it for iTunes and iCloud. It seems ok right now but gosh all the talk about apple not being able to be hacked is a bunch of bunk because it can be and unfortunately they're of no help!

Manage your Apple ID here: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/ If you don't have a rescue email address, add one. There could be an issue where you need it urgently.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sure hope I did! I hope by changing the password it stopped the hacker for now. Is there a specific way to set a "rescue" email? I have 2 emails currently set with my account.

It's good to see that you could fix this.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That has to be done through the link I posted before. Choose "Manage Apple ID", sign in and then go to "Password and Security", which will be visible at the left side. When you tap it, you have to enter the answers to two of your security questions, afterwards you can see all of your questions plus the possibility to add a rescue email address.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you!! I didn't know to go under the security section. I DO have a rescue email now. This whole thing has been very strange. Why would someone hack my apple account & yet nothing was touched. No iTunes $ missing or anything. I'm glad I don't keep a ANY passwords saved at all. Thanks again to all who helped!

That has to be done through the link I posted before. Choose "Manage Apple ID", sign in and then go to "Password and Security", which will be visible at the left side. When you tap it, you have to enter the answers to two of your security questions, afterwards you can see all of your questions plus the possibility to add a rescue email address.

Most reactions

Latest posts