What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple I Computer Goes for $671,400 in Germany

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
Apple_I.JPG

ZDNet reports that a genuine piece of Apple history has just gone under the hammer at an auction in Germany, fetching €516,471, or $671,400. The ultra rare Apple I computer was sold by Auction Team Brekker in Cologne, and is one of just 200 ever built, with probably only 50 remaining worldwide, and only six in actual working order, including this one in Germany. The Apple I was homemade by Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs, and included all system parts, the original manual, and a letter of authentication signed by Steve Jobs. ZDNet says that it was bought by an anonymous Middle Eastern buyer, who did not want any publicity. The Apple I was originally expected to fetch around $260,000 to $400,000, so the final price exceeded even that higher figure. The same auction house in Cologne also sold an Apple I computer from 1976 last November for the (at that time) record price of $640,000, which has now been beaten by this latest model, of course. Might be worth looking under your bed if you think you might have an old Apple computer stashed away somewhere![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks to Super Moderator Gabriel1 for the heads-up on this story.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Apple I computer fetches $671,400 at German auction | ZDNet

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm off to wrap my original iPad in cotton wool and hide it in the attic......in a few years I could be a millionaire!

The Archangel

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dang that's the most expensive computer I've ever seen. And here I thought an ultrabook at $1000 was expensive :D

Most reactions

Latest posts