What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Captures 72% of Tablet Market in China With Huge Sales

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
China_Market.JPG

AppleInsider reports that according to new figures from China’s Analysys International, Apple has had huge sales figures for the iPad in China in the past three months, with nearly three out of every four tablet purchases being an iPad, and that’s even with the newest iPad only being available in the last week of the quarter. According to Analysys International, 2.3 million tablets in total were sold in the second quarter of 2012, representing an increase of 63% from the year-ago period. As you might expect, Apple has a massive 72.66% of these sales, with an estimated 1.7 million iPads sold. With such figures Apple totally dominates the tablet market in China, of course, with its closest rival in the territory, Lenovo, lagging far behind in second place with an 8.38% share. Eben came in third with a 3.63% share, still beating Samsung though, with its very lowly 3.59% share.

Source: Apple sells 1.7 million iPads in China during Q2 to capture 72% of market
China market: iPad occupies over 72% of 2Q12 tablet sales

Deepu55555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is definitely the best in terms of the tablet computing. Noone can even match the quality of its products.

keltygordon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well as someone who owns a Xoom and an iPad 2 I do not agree.
Apart from the operating system, the Xoom matches or betters the iPad in every respect.

I bought my iPad as I thought it would be more compatible with my new iMac. I like both systems but I prefer the Xoom hardware and flexibility.
The reliance on iTunes is also a negative in my view.

You can't argue with the sales figures, and the iPad is easier to use for non technical users.
The range and quality of Apps are better too.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
keltygordon said:
Well as someone who owns a Xoom and an iPad 2 I do not agree.
Apart from the operating system, the Xoom matches or betters the iPad in every respect.

I bought my iPad as I thought it would be more compatible with my new iMac. I like both systems but I prefer the Xoom hardware and flexibility.
The reliance on iTunes is also a negative in my view.

You can't argue with the sales figures, and the iPad is easier to use for non technical users.
The range and quality of Apps are better too.

The iPad is easier to use for technical users too. Androids are for people who wish to fiddle around in the file system and adjust settings. You don't really need to be technical for that. Plenty of english majors manage to do it just file.

keltygordon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Androids are for more than that!
They do the same things as an iPad in different ways. Having used both, they both have their strengths and weakness.
I don't know anyone that would buy a tablet just to fiddle with settings etc.

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
apple has take a big market of tablet in China,I think it is not only because Chinese become more and more rich,but also the iPad is also very good.
Lenovo just takes 8.38%.that's amazing.

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the market advantage of iPad in China is overwhelming, normally you will find more than one Apple store just in a street, and this reflects the needs from them.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is a status item in China. That's probably the main reason people buy them, ahead of just function.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a good explanation of Chinese buying patterns:

<< A lot of Chinese, especially younger consumers, are really into the luxury brands. They associate Western luxury brands with quality of life and sophistication. They want gyms, health care clubs and definitely travel. They want to see the world. The restaurant business is doing very well.

The younger generation -- people under 30 -- they are consuming like crazy. They save zero. They spend all of their salary on a Louis Vuitton purse. A lot of them stay with their parents so they don't have housing expenses. >>

The powerful middle class in China - Apr. 25, 2012

Most reactions

Latest posts