What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Airport Express to stream music to iPad & access files?

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking at ways to stream my iTunes library to my iPad wirelessly. I have looked at the airport express but unsure if I can do this. If so, how does this work?
I currently have a virgin media broadband router does it need to integrate with this?
Another thing I would like to do is control my main powermac in another room with my iPad, I have seen various apps like logmein that do this. Basically be able to view the screen of my powermac aswell. Many thanks!
App

A

localhost8080

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
jonathansblog.co.uk
there are a few options, you can set up home sharing from itunes in your mac / pc and connect to it from your ipad and play music on your ipad.

the drawback for that setup is that your mac or pc needs to be on and itunes needs to be open.

the other option is itunes match.

its the same idea, but is a paid service, but you dont need your mac and itunes to be on to play the music on your ipad!!

OP
N

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply, I am looking to try and achieve this without a paid service. My powermac can be switched on permanently with iTunes open.
I am interested as to how I can integrate the airport express into it. Also in terms of viewing my desktop remotely from the powermac to my iPad?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You don't need the airport express. Is both your iPad and power mac connected to the same network? Just switch homesharing on in iTunes in the mac and in settings on the iPad. Goto the music app and select the more option, you should now see an option for your iTunes library, click that and then you can stream anything from your library to your iPad

There's plenty of remote desktop apps, never used any so can't particularly recommend one.

OP
N

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great many thanks will try this. How about remote viewing the desktop of my mac with my iPad? Thanks

OP
N

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a Sony Blu ray player with Ethernet connectivity. There is no wifi connectivity so I have bought a cheap wireless bridge so I can view my photos and play music via my blu ray player. I am assuming I can do this aswell? Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts