What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App wish list

mattsdad64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way within the App Store to flag apps for later review? Something like a watch list on eBay. I find myself searching and creating lists of apps I want to compare or consider at a later point. I am a new apple guy, and with all of the really cool and intuitive stuff I am seeing, I figured there is probably a way to do this that I am missing.

ios ibs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppShopper is a great app which allows you to create "want" lists. It notifies you when there are any changes to the apps you have selected i.e updates or price drops. I have managed to grab many a bargain with this app.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I second AppShopper in fact that's how I always scan for apps and save them to my wish list is through AS and than I purchase through the app store(via the AS app).

OP
M

mattsdad64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I just tried, it says the app is not available in the US store. Anybody else have thoughts? Is there a reason Apple wouldn't want to have this feature in the App Store? Reminders to spend more money seems like it would be in their favor.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It appears that Apple has removed AppShopper from the App Store. Mainly because it supposedly ran afoul of Apple's rule that states that "apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected."

So, that app is gone since the middle of December. If you already have it, it still works. If you don't, you can always go to the AppShopper web site and make it a book mark on your home screen. it's not as "pretty" as the app, but it'll do.

Just to explain why you can't find something other's have/are recommending...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The share icon (box/arrow) lets you email the apps iTunes link to yourself.

I have a couple of suggestions on how to use this feature effectively.

Quick and dirty. If your email account lets you, you can just create a folder for your iTunes/Apps shopping list and save your list that way. IMAP and Exchange accounts can create and sync folders online. iCloud, GMail, and Yahoo will all let you do this. Many other accounts will work, but I only have direct experience with those.

If you're using POP3 based account this won't work well. You could always get a second email account just for this kind of thing.

Or, my preferred solution (and probably expected by anyone who's been around for a while); Get an Evernote account. It comes with an email address that you can send your iTunes links to, and they will appear in the Inbox; or you can @notebookname to the end of the subject line for automatic storage in a notebook.

To make sending things to Evernote easier, I created a contact just for my Evernote email address. Otherwise, when I type my name (for sending stuff to myself) I get too many results. Maybe I should get rid of a few email accounts and aliases?

Anyway, I do this a lot, not just form iTunes or the App Store, but from just about any app, including Safari. Not just for thinks I want to buy, but things I might want to buy, or just want to keep hand for reference later.

Here's what my I-might-want-to-buy-this shopping list looks like in Evernote on the iMac.
ShoppingList.jpeg

Here is what it looks like on the iPad
image-3728411850.jpg

To send it straight to my Shopping List I entered "Pixel People @Shopping" in the Subject line. You'll notice that the App's icon, name, and App Store link all appear in the body. Tapping on it on the iPad tries to open it in Evernote's browser, but you can then direct it to Safari, which redirects it to the App Store. Or you can copy & paste the link to Safari.

Last edited:
OP
M

mattsdad64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to explain that so well, I set up an Evernote account, folder, and started sending app links. This works perfect for me, I relly appreciate it!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I'm glad you like it.

It won't be long before you find lots of other things to use Evernote for. It just that kind of tool.

Most reactions

Latest posts