What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App update freeze

KhamulNazgulTM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reset now hold down the on off button with home key until the white apple logo appears that should fix it.

Cheers Colin

I already did that - right after I tried to delete the app through the settings, and then several more times. Nothing helps :/

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I already did that - right after I tried to delete the app through the settings, and then several more times. Nothing helps :/

Is your device updated to the latest version of iOS? (6.1.3)
Check if the app is in the multitask bar. If it is, remove it from there.

If nothing helps: contact the developer of the app for further assistance.

Last edited:

Heleckie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried all of the above and it did not work. The apps remained frozen in waiting mode and i couldnt access them. I was considering deleting and reinstalling them. But then i went back into the app store, went back into the update section and tapped on each app. That reset them all.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried all of the above and it did not work. The apps remained frozen in waiting mode and i couldnt access them. I was considering deleting and reinstalling them. But then i went back into the app store, went back into the update section and tapped on each app. That reset them all.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, you've replied to a nearly 3 year old thread and likely will not received the attention needed. Second, you've provided no information on 'what' you are using, i.e. what iDevice is under discussion and what iOS is installed?

Hopefully, a moderator will come along and put your post in its own thread or you could start a new thread in an appropriate forum and include the information requested above - good luck. Dave

ADDENDUM: Well, I seemed to have missed your last statement - sorry & congrats!

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, @Heleckie , welcome to iPadForums!

It looks like you were able to solve your problem. Congratulations!
Thank you for posting your solution. It might not help most of the participants of this thread - almost all of them haven't been back for years - but someone else with a similar problem, in the future.

Heleckie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, @Heleckie , welcome to iPadForums!

It looks like you were able to solve your problem. Congratulations!
Thank you for posting your solution. It might not help most of the participants of this thread - almost all of them haven't been back for years - but someone else with a similar problem, in the future.
Well I assumed this post was for ipads. i have an uptodate ipad. I found this thread by googling my problem, so I hope my solution will help someone.

Most reactions

Latest posts