What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No app updates since the freeze period?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've had any app update notifications in the app store on my ipad 2.

I realize that there was a freeze period during the end of the year, but even after that I haven't had one update notification.

Is this happening to anyone else? Before the freeze period, I had at least one update every day. I'm wondering if maybe something in my settings is off and preventing them from coming through.

Any ideas?

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what I understand, there was some sort of standard freeze period around Christmas where developers weren't allowed to change prices or update apps.

Is there anything in my Settings that would prevent me from receiving updates?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It has been slow. I've only received a few updates since Christmas. Guess it would depend on what apps you have.

I've received an update for GoodReader. If you've got that app and have not seen an update you might have a problem. I also received updates today for Movies by Flixster and Tunemark Radio. There have been a few others, but I can't remember what they were at the moment.

The only thing I can think of that would stop Updates (without making the App Store disappear as well) would be if you were logged out of the App Store. Go to the bottom of the Featured tab in the store and see if your Apple ID is there. If not tap on the Sign In button and log into your account. You could also try tapping on your Apple ID, logging out and then back in. That might get things rolling.

Most reactions

Latest posts