What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't connect to app store

RetPhilaLieut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I posted this in the ipad 3 thread probably by mistake so I'll repeat it here. All of a sudden tonight when I click on the App Store icon It won't connect and it says, "cannot connect to iTunes Store". I didn't t change any settings or anything. When I click on the iTunes icon it takes me to iTunes and that's working fine. I tried the apps store on my new iPod touch 5 and it connects as it should. Any ideas,,,thanks.

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
........All of a sudden tonight when I click on the App Store icon It won't connect and it says, "cannot connect to iTunes Store". I didn't t change any settings or anything. ...............
Exactly the same has happened to me. The store was accessible last night but from 0800 this morning I have been trying without success.
Dagwood

OP
R

RetPhilaLieut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is apparently a wide spread problem on apples end,,there's multiple posts at apples support communities about it,,,I don't have enough posts to put the link to the support community,,,but everyone has the same exact problem.

daveyg34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I am in the UK and using an iPad 2 on the newest software.
I can update apps and look through the store but I can't search the store for apps and it says that it cannot connect to the iTunes Store.
Last week it was telling me that I had to connect to the UK store (which I promptly did although my setting said I was already registered as being in the UK). And now this issue has occurred.
It seems that it seems to be widespread though and will hopefully be sorted out soon!

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried again and been a tad more patient inasmuch as I waited 5 or 10 secs longer and the store opened.
Dagwood

Most reactions

Latest posts