What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store about to hit ten billion downloads; chance to win $10,000 iTunes card.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
appstore-billion.png

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lucky :) http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2011/01/23/british-woman-bags-apples-10-billionth-download-prize/

January 23, 2011
British woman bags Apple’s 10 billionth download prize

by Darren Allan

Yesterday, Apple hit the 10 billion download mark with its app store.

And it seems that the lucky 10 billionth customer, who won a $10,000 gift card for iTunes, was a woman from the UK.

The Metro.co.uk reports that Gail Davis of Kent scooped the prize because one of her daughters downloaded a game called Paper Glider.

The 10 billionth download came in yesterday morning at around 10:30. The Metro reports that Miss Davis told BBC Radio 5 Live she thought it was a joke at first, and didn’t take the call from Apple as a result.

She said: “I had that moment of blind panic but Apple kindly phoned me back and said I was a winner.”

The money works out to be £6,250, which should last her a considerable while on iTunes, and buy her daughters quite a few moresource games. She could even have purchased the famous “I Am Rich” app ten times over, if it was still around…

Most reactions

Latest posts