What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App password

Geniuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there,

Is there any app that we can put a password to any apps/games installed on our ipad? Actually I want to protect my apps so my child dont accidently deleted or messed with it.

My scenario :

1. When we touch the icon to run the app, it will popup a box that we need to key in a password first before the app launch. Actually I want to put a password to my office/document apps, i dont want my children playing with my documents.

2. When we touch for a moment until all the icon start to wiggling upper left corner got 'x' mark where we can delete the apps but when we touch the 'x' mark it will popup a window for us to key in the password before we can delete it.

So, any app out there? Any suggestion?

Elcom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jailbreak, you can hide icons using sbsettings.
You could run them using the sbsettings popup menu.
I think that would solve your problem.

OP
G

Geniuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but the real things is I dont want to jailbreak my lovely ipad.... any others suggestion please. Tq :ipad-front:

Reaction score
For 2)
Settings->General->Restrictions->Delete Apps Off Note: This removes the X from all apps, to delete an app, temporarily turn this restriction off.

For 1)
Goodreader can password protect single files, folders, ask for a password whenever you start goodreader. But you will have to handle all files through goodreader, as it does not password protect files outside the app.
If this still isn't what you are looking for, you will need to jb.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For 2)

Goodreader can password protect single files, folders, ask for a password whenever you start goodreader. But you will have to handle all files through goodreader, as it does not password protect files outside the app.
If this still isn't what you are looking for, you will need to jb.

The password protection on GoodRead is CRAP. If you copy your "protected Folder" to you PC, all the files inside it became exposed to every one.
That is not a nice protection.

Reaction score
peled said:
The password protection on GoodRead is CRAP. If you copy your "protected Folder" to you PC, all the files inside it became exposed to every one.
That is not a nice protection.

This is irrelevant, as the OP asked for a solution, which prevents a child to access files while playing around with the iPad and not for a solution to protect data against theft exposure.

jtdc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So basically there is no solution unless jb. This is one of my requirement to protect the iPad against my toddler. Tsk

Most reactions

Latest posts