What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting failed loaded apps

Korndi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a couple of apps that failed to completing loading and is always in the paused mode. I tried to wriggle the icons and want to delete these but the x mark do not appear when the icons wriggles.

I continuously get pop up request to key in my iTunes password intermittenly and i think it is due to these uncompleted loading of the apps.

Anyone can help will be most appreciated.

Thank you

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cant you enter the password and allow them to finish their installation, THEN delete them if necessary?

OP
K

Korndi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reply
After I key in password, it will show [waiting] and will wait a long time n then revert back to [pause],so I have no chance to delete.....

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try downloading the same apps in iTunes and then sync to iPad, I think that will clear those incomplete icons.

Also, Try a soft-reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try downloading the same apps in iTunes and then sync to iPad, I think that will clear those incomplete icons.

That's worked for me in the past. Also, sometimes it clears up by itself, after a few days of restarting the update. Mostly this happens with large apps on bad internet connection days.

I get mine via WiFi to a tower about a mile away. I have a lot of suboptimal internet days.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had a few and the soft reset has always worked. They have just disappeared and I redownloaded.

OP
K

Korndi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies
1) i have problem sync with iTunes. If sync, many of my apps will be deleted from my iPad as some of my apps cannot be sync with my iTunes

2) if I soft reset, will those apps that I cannot sync with iTunes be deleted from my iPad

Thanks for help

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All apps that were paid for on your iTunes account can be downloaded again either with your computer or with your iPad.

Songs, movies and TV shows you have to pay again, but apps can be downloaded without another charge.

Most reactions

Latest posts