What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App & Website Passwords

KeychainSA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My company uses iPads for all sales staff and we signed all iPads in with the same company iTunes account so we can distribute the same Apps to all staff.

Since upgrading to iOS11 have we found that staff personal email and other login details are saved in "App & Website Passwords" found in Settings - Accounts & Password.

This is obviously a major issue for everyone and I want to know how this can be disabled.

I have gone into Settings, the option with the user account rigth at the top, iCloud and then Keychain but Keychain is Off, so not sure how the passwords are actually saved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I recently posted on this very subject because some log in details were stored here and could not be deleted. I have spoken to Apple about this and they are aware of the problem. They are hoping to update me on Friday.

OP
K

KeychainSA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, please update once you receive anything from Apple.
It just does not make sense, I know a lot of families using the same account across all devices and surely the dad does not want all of his passwords, bank, email account etc. known to his kids?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have just spoken to my Contact at Apple. They had hoped that the latest update would have solved the problem of deleting account names under this setting. They are going to consult again with the engineers and ring back on Monday. In the meantime, they have suggested I set up the iPad as new as simply restoring from a backup didn’t work. I relayed the concerns about Security with Company iPads and family sharing situations.

Most reactions

Latest posts