What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Hider?

Syncere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been searching for an app to hide certain apps on my iPad that's don't want anyone using my device to see. Is this possible at all?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only way to hide apps on a stock iPad is to put them in a folder and then move that folder to a back page of the iPad (and hope no one discovers that page).

Now, if the iPad were jail broken, you could install a tweak that would let you hide any app (including the stock ones). But, that's the only way. Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. BTW, I moved this thread to the Help section and then deleted another thread you had posted on this issue. Please keep it to one thread per topic. Otherwise, the conversation gets fragmented and hard to follow (not to mention it breaks one of the forum rules). Thanks for your understanding.

OP
Syncere

Syncere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I don't have my own personal computer. Is that the only way to jailbreak it?

OP
Syncere

Syncere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also I only have 3 home screens. How do I add more?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Syncere said:
Also I only have 3 home screens. How do I add more?

To create another home screen,go to the last home screen on the right.You then touch an app until they start wiggling,then drag one to the right side of the screen,it will then move to a new home screen.You can create up to 11 home screens.
Also,if your current home screens are full,a newly purchased app will automatically go to a new home screen.
This info can be found on page 56 of the iPad user guide for ios 5.1.it's available as a free book in the iBooks store.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts