What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hide Your App Store Updates On iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLnG9EEAgrA[/ame]​

Update fixer is a simple tweak that will let you ignore unwanted updates in the App Store. Lets say you're not on WiFi or just don't want some big update because you don't need it. That red badge will still be there, but not with this. You can go right into the App Store app, swipe, and hit ignore. You can make that annoying red badge go away, or just not be reminded of that update. If you ever do need to come back and download that update, just find the app in the store and download. Update Hider is free in Cydia.

Reaction score
Spink10 said:
There is no way to undo this though correct?

This is not really a permanent solution, as the update hider blocks the current update. So lets say you hide update 2.4 of the app of your choice, it won't show up in updates anymore, but once an update with a different version number, i.e. 2.5 gets released, the app update will shop up again. The Update Hider only hides a specific version of any given app, not all updates from an app.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
This is not really a permanent solution, as the update hider blocks the current update. So lets say you hide update 2.4 of the app of your choice, it won't show up in updates anymore, but once an update with a different version number, i.e. 2.5 gets released, the app update will shop up again. The Update Hider only hides a specific version of any given app, not all updates from an app.

Thanks

But there is no way to clear the hide feature? You just have to remember which apps may not be updated? Not sure I would use this feature anyways.

Reaction score
Spink10 said:
Thanks

But there is no way to clear the hide feature? You just have to remember which apps may not be updated? Not sure I would use this feature anyways.

That is correct. The app doesn't seem to have a separate interface, it simply integrates into the AppStore app. So once you have hidden an app, you cannot unhide it. The only ways to still update would be, if the developers would release an even newer update for the hidden app, as it would then reappear, or if you use iTunes and search for updates.

Most reactions

Latest posts