What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for iPhone to control Presentation on iPAD?

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all and thank you for your help.

Can you please recommend a App for my iPhone to enable it to be used as a remote control for my PowerPoint presentationn on my iPAD?

Thank you.
Deon

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

here is what I do:
First I load the PowerPoint file into Keynote iPad app (via dropbox or webdav or itunes).
Then I fire up "keynote remote" app on the iphone and off I go with the presentation.
BUT: You need to have a wifi connection between your two devices. Unfortunately, I could not get bluetooth to work.

Hope this helps.

Knut

If you need more details, please let me know.

ssarmazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know, the above is the only way to do what you're asking. But note that Keynote is $10 and the Keynote remote app for iPhone is $0.99. Also, opening ppt/pptx files in Keynote isn't a science - there are font differences, symbols display weird, transitions may or may not work...you need to be ready to go back-and-forth a few times until you see in Keynote what you have in Powerpoint.

Having said that, I have had no problems in getting bluetooth to work between the iPhone and the iPad. But I have heard of others having this problem too. If you can get WiFi it's faster anyway, but I don't have that option at my workplace.

Good luck!

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Also, opening ppt/pptx files in Keynote isn't a science - there are font differences, symbols display weird, transitions may or may not work...you need to be ready to go back-and-forth a few times until you see in Keynote what you have in Powerpoint.

Yes, I agree. But once you have figured out this, you can easily use fonts or transitions that work in both programs. And my media files from PP don't work. So I do not insert them in PP.

To get a dedicated wifi connection for presentations I use an additional pocket router.

Hope this helps.

Knut

ssarmazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kricke said:
To get a dedicated wifi connection for presentations I use an additional pocket router.

Hope this helps.

Knut

Can you tell me which model pocket router you use and your success rate with it?

OP
D

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. But once you have figured out this, you can easily use fonts or transitions that work in both programs. And my media files from PP don't work. So I do not insert them in PP. Knut
Thank you for your reply. I there maybe a list which I can check for transitions that work with keynote?

Thank you so long.
Deon

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
As far as pocket routers are concerned:

1. I use a D-Link Pocket AP - here

2. For a business partner I bought and configured another one - here. That one is from amazon.de.
Amazon.com link - here

Success rate is 100%. Just power it up, connect to it over wifi, give it your desired SSID or leave the default one, change security settings and admin pw and you are done. I think it took me 10 min. The router will reboot 2 or 3 times and you are done.

Hope this helps.

Knut

Most reactions

Latest posts