What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Crashing

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having issues posting on forums with the new update. Used to before the upgrade I could write a book but now I'm lucky to write a few lines to a paragraph before it shuts down and returns the app page.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having issues posting on forums with the new update. Used to before the upgrade I could write a book but now I'm lucky to write a few lines to a paragraph before it shuts down and returns the app page.
Sorry to hear about that. If an app (ours or any) get temperamental there are a couple of things you can do. First is to simply quit the app and reopen it. If that does't work you can try turning your iPad off and on again and if it's still not working, try resetting your iPad. The last measure is to delete and reinstall the app. Here's what I'd recommend in this order...

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Reinstall Apps: While the app is closed press and hold its icon until all of the icons on your screen begin to jiggle. A black circle with an “X” will appear in the upper left-hand corner. Tap on the “X” and confirm that you want to delete the app. Reset the iPad (using the instructions above).

Open the App Store App and tap on "Purchased" in the bottom toolbar. Locate the app you just deleted. Tap on the download button (cloud) and the app will be reinstalled. (Downloading any app already purchased again is free).

Apps that require logins, etc. will need to be set up again. More here:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

BTW I'll move your post to the iPF Help area where it will likely get more attention.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts