What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyway to turn the ipad 2 into a iphone 4 using my sim?

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im trying to find a way to use my SIM to receive and make calls, i googled around, no luck, got 3g Unrestrictor and that messed up my iPhone 4 which now has no facetime to be found, on the ipad 2 i simply cant test it atm to receive or make calls, so far it seems like it cant receive anything.

Any JB apps out there for this?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhoneIslam released PhoneIt for iPad which provides full phone call functionality, but unfortunately this does not yet suport the iPad2. There is no alternative for iPad2 which I am aware of, sorry. Keep an eye on PhoneIt. I'm sure when they release iPad2 support we will report it on here...

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, I would contact your provider and ask when doing this will it change the device on your account. Reason I mention this is I'm with AT&T in the US and when you place a call, AT&T's system can tell what the device is and if I were to pop out my SIM card and put it in a different phone, say my old T750, it will recognize this and change the device on my account. This would be a big problem for me as I'm grandfathered with unlimited data on my account so if the system did change my device on my account, regardless of putting the SIM back in my iPhone I will have lost the unlimited data. Not sure what the rules are with your cell provider but I would look into it before experimenting with swaping your SIM card around.

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my card is actually a phone card, they dont even know i got an ipad, they cant see my device i blocked that info, at least i think so (according to some provacy tweak) it shows up with the IP but no device ID or clue

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhoneIslam released PhoneIt for iPad which provides full phone call functionality, but unfortunately this does not yet suport the iPad2. There is no alternative for iPad2 which I am aware of, sorry. Keep an eye on PhoneIt. I'm sure when they release iPad2 support we will report it on here...
i wonder why NO 3g support is ready for the ipad 2, hmmm.

I never once got facetime to work, i am about to try that but i sure rather have ONE DEVICE, not ONE SIM and TWO DEVICES, money still ruins it all.

too bad, i thught i would find a solution here, i tried Viber just now and that does not work at all., Skype over 3G seems to be the way to go so far, Google talk maybe., any suggestions appreciated. :) and thanks for the help

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have phoneIt in my ipad1 3g. the added phone function are welcome but still it is no iphone. cant change the ringtone and i would look silly holding it like this:
Apple-iPad-picture-modifi-001-150x150.jpg

ipad_2-phone-calls-.jpg

lol

nah, the speaker is loud enough while the mic is located at the top so it works nice holding it facing me. or i can always plug in the earphone.

iphoneislam actually said they would love to support ipad2 provided that the JB is available. in fact i read somewhere that some users of ipad2 jailbroken on 4.3.3 did manage to install and use but result varies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, with AT&T (and I think in the US in general) when you place a call their systems can see the EMI number of the device and can tell what you are using. If it doesn't match up to the one on your account, it automatically changes the device on your account... it's pretty lame.

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have phoneIt in my ipad1 3g. the added phone function are welcome but still it is no iphone. cant change the ringtone and i would look silly holding it like this:
Apple-iPad-picture-modifi-001-150x150.jpg

lol

nah, the speaker is loud enough while the mic is located at the top so it works nice holding it facing me. or i can always plug in the earphone.

iphoneislam actually said they would love to support ipad2 provided that the JB is available. in fact i read somewhere that some users of ipad2 jailbroken on 4.3.3 did manage to install and use but result varies.
I use ear phones with both iPhone and iPad, never judge a book (or picture) by its cover

i prefer this
SE210m.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts