1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Anyone try connecting iPod to iPad w/CCK?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Jeeper, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    This would be the coolest trick yet. If I could transfer my bought tunes right into my iPod. Maybe with a USB hub for extra pwr. (after 4.2 )
    Am I crazy or just dreamin'? :p
  2. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    The iPod shoots video. Maybe pull that down too...?
  3. Jfusco

Jfusco iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got one with my iPad. It only sees the camera roll as far as I can tell. Doesn't even see the transferred photos. But I like your thinking.
  4. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I'm wondering...the "saved photo" app. can play the iPod videos I loaded from the laptop. Can you try this with the CCK straight from your iPod?( if you HAVE an iPod). :)
  5. Jfusco

Jfusco iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure what the "saved photo" app is. When I connected my iphone to the CCK, the ipad auto-launched a transfer app that only looked at the camera roll but not the saved photos. It even seems to be picky about how SD cards are organized. Won't read a card full of jpgs in the root but read the one straight out of my Nikon just fine. I haven't played with it enough to figure out if there's a way to browse connected devices.
  6. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Well, let me know if you find any tricky uses for the CCK, in addition to just pics. A possible USB port sure is tempting. But my present skills are too slight to defeat apples intended purposes. :(