What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got the external drive for iPad yet

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so tempted into getting the wireless external drive for the iPad , I mean having a much bigger hard drive sounds nice especially if you where going on holiday or a long trip , it would be great for putting movies onto it etc. But I am writing this question in hope to find out if anyone actually has one just now and if you do have one for your iPad , what is your opinion of it. I see there is a 500gb one available and the battery time after full charge is four hours.If you do have one can you tell me what you think of it and have you used it like for when travelling on a plane for example to watch movies.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an AirStash A02. Current it has a 32 GB SDHC card inside. I could add several more of those...or I could get a 64 or 128 GB SDXC card to put inside. Those are more expensive, but you get what you pay for in terms of storage. Get a fast card to ensure you can stream movies. This thing has an app that plays movies, music, and you can transfer files. Any app that knows webdav can save to it, too. This thing is tiny and travels extremely well.

Amazon.com: Maxell AirStash Expandable Capacity Wireless Flash Drive A02 (Included Starter 8GB Class 10 SDHC Card): Electronics

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both the Airstash with 32 GB cards, the max it will hold. I also have the GoFlex Satellite wifi 500 GB. Both work quite well. It just depends on what you are willing to pay and what storage capacity you need.

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here I have the goflex from seagate... Works well with the app available in the AppStore.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335287873.987132.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335287886.747699.jpg

Sent from iPhone 4S

Sincity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting an Airstash due to size and expandibility. There is a cheaper Kingston alternative. I think it is called Wi-Drive.

LEG1ON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my goflex all the time, probably the best money I've spent in a long time. The app to coincide with the goflex sat at the start was a bit rubbish but them seem to have sorted it out a lot better now, I don't have any problems with it at all now. I would recommend it, it worked great on Holliday because three can connect at once, so the kids had there iPad and I had mine, sorted. There is a new work around to sort the battery life out were you can enable it to download and play, supposed to take battery up to seven hours, that might be stretching it though with a few streaming.
Hope this helps.

Ps there is also a video on how you can remove and replace the drive with a 1tb drive or an SSD drive but I'm not that brave yet.

Last edited:

Ian W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interested in something like this to expand on my 16gb iPad memory. Will keep an eye on the thread and see what other recommendations come through.

Ian

Most reactions

Latest posts