What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any word on 4.3 untethered jailbreak?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
You are not required to reboot when Cydia tells you do to so. Just hit the Home Button, reopen Cydia and continue installing new apps. Once you are done, just restart once, or just wait with the reboot till your PC is nearby again.

Same thing..lol.. still have to reboot one time or another. Untethered, don't have to wait till I'm near a pc. Just saying. Its still clear Untethered method is the best, by far ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Same thing..lol.. still have to reboot one time or another. Untethered, don't have to wait till I'm near a pc. Just saying. Its still clear Untethered method is the best, by far ;-)

True. But my point is, that you don't suddenly have to reboot when you are out in the open. The reboot can be postponed, thus allowing you to still use the device in the meantime.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
True. But my point is, that you don't suddenly have to reboot when you are out in the open. The reboot can be postponed, thus allowing you to still use the device in the meantime.

Ok, I see what you saying then. Well that's definitely good news for tethered users. I don't think a lot of those users or people who want to go that route know that, yet. I'll add that info in next time someone chimes in about tethered or u tethered. You are right though.

liverpoolluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
demandarin your point is vaild happy to admit that, but personally I don't update anything or install anything when i'm out the house anyway, I always wait till I'm near a pc to do any update as you never know if it's screw your idevice up anyway, even installing legitimate software from app store / cydia can cause's your ipad to have a conflict and not boot leaving your idevice out of use till you can get to a pc anyway, and if it's been days / week's since your last backup there's no telling how much info could be lost

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally I'll only use a tethered jailbreak when I'm desperate and I'm certain that a jb for the iOS I'm running wont be available for a while.

It's happened to me on my 3Gs before, I was running 3.1.2 (from memory) and my phone suddenly froze on me and nothing I did made it work, my only option was to restore and i didnt have shsh saved, ended up going to 3.1.3. In this case if I was desperate I would have used thn tethered jb but i waited it out and didn't really wait long for the untethered jb.

One thing I did learn from this is to always save my shsh which is pretty much the first thing I do now.

But I will say tethered jb is sometimes very tempting...

Most reactions

Latest posts