What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak 5.1

Mainra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im a bit new to the whole jailbreaking and i tried reading a few of the articles before posting.

Im currently using the ipad 2 and its running 5.01 and i have jailbroken it with greenpois0n.

A) when or is the 5.1 jailbreak expected to come out?
B) when i update the jailbreak for the new 5.1 os, what are the steps to upgrading so i dont lose all my stuff (background, settings, apps i bought and downloaded from cydia?)

And my last question which isnt th most important, does it matter if i get the jailbreak from greenpois0n or redsn0w or any other jailbreakers? Are any more reliable than others?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your jailbreak. To answer your questions...

A) Nobody ever knows the ETA for a release. It's all just speculation. Monitor here for news - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html
B) Backup your iPad as normal. To backup your jailbreak apps & tweaks, check out this thread - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...p-safeguard-your-jailbreak-apps-settings.html

You will then need to restore your iPad to 5.1 ONCE THE JAILBREAK IS RELEASED. Since we don't know what form it will take, we can't tell you how you will jailbreak 5.1. But once the jailbreak is complete you will then restore your backup of the iPad and then restore your PKGBackup.

Lastly, you jailbreak with whatever is available and whatever you prefer. You need to make a decision which you want to use when there is a new release. Neither is "better" or more reliable IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts