What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any word on 4.3 untethered jailbreak?

Skidmypants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bit of a n00b when it comes to Apple stuff, jailbroken iPhones before but I'm a bit nervous about ruining my new toy.

Been scouring google for days but still not found an untethered solution as of yet, anybody got any info on it?

Cheers

OP
S

Skidmypants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically with a tethered jailbreak, if you have to restart the device for any reason you will need to be near a pc with something like ibooty installed on it. If you restart the device without booting it this way you will pretty much lose the jailbreak.

Untethered means once you jailbreak it, the jailbreak stays on the device no matter what until you decide to get rid of it.

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I presume the 4.3 JB (when it's out) will work on the iPad 2 and the iPad running 4.3, is that correct?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sundance2011 said:
I presume the 4.3 JB (when it's out) will work on the iPad 2 and the iPad running 4.3, is that correct?

Nope...lol. The ipad2 will need it own form of jailbreak. The hardware is different from the iPad 2. Plus 4.3.1 is already released so jailbreak is needed for that also. Ipad2 jailbreak is coming very soon though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Nope...lol. The ipad2 will need it own form of jailbreak. The hardware is different from the iPad 2. Plus 4.3.1 is already released so jailbreak is needed for that also. Ipad2 jailbreak is coming very soon though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

So what will be out first ....JB for the iPad or the iPad2. I'm back to my original question. Should I wait for the JB for my 4.3 1st gen iPad or downgrade and JB it with what is available now? I'm guessing the JB for the iPad 1st gen is on the back burner.

OP
S

Skidmypants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sundance2011 said:
So what will be out first ....JB for the iPad or the iPad2. I'm back to my original question. Should I wait for the JB for my 4.3 1st gen iPad or downgrade and JB it with what is available now? I'm guessing the JB for the iPad 1st gen is on the back burner.

Apparently 4.3.1 untethered for iPad 1 will be first as they are already beta testing it. According to google it will only work on iPhone, iPod and iPad 1. iPad 2 untethered will be out ASAP.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sundance2011 said:

I've read some people have already found a jailbreak for 4.3.1 BUT it's a tethered one. Check the more recent threads here in hacking section and you can read about it plus I think someone also linked where to get it at. ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

liverpoolluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bit of a n00b when it comes to Apple stuff, jailbroken iPhones before but I'm a bit nervous about ruining my new toy.

Been scouring google for days but still not found an untethered solution as of yet, anybody got any info on it?

Cheers

My question whenever I see a thread like this is

DOES IT MATTER ?

Tethered / untethered

ask yourself this, how often do you actually turn your device off ?

I had a iphone 3Gs, iphone 4 and currently ipad 1 untethered

if you end up with a updated idevice you can still jailbreak, just remember to set it up fully before you take it away from your computer

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
liverpoolluke said:
My question whenever I see a thread like this is

DOES IT MATTER ?

Tethered / untethered

ask yourself this, how often do you actually turn your device off ?

I had a iphone 3Gs, iphone 4 and currently ipad 1 untethered

if you end up with a updated idevice you can still jailbreak, just remember to set it up fully before you take it away from your computer

It does matter actually. Sometimes, it's not your choice whether the iPad reboots or shuts off on it's own. Perfect example some apps/tweaks in Cydia. Some require the iPad to reboot, which u never know until already in installation process. So if u not at home, then install some Cydia tweak, that causes iPad to reboot. Then u s$&@ outta luck until u get back home to pc. This is what a tethered method brings to the table. With untethered, I don't have to worry the least bit about that b.s. Happening on my device. Anyways tethered is usually always released b4 untethered. Just something to hold u down until untethered is released as untethers methods involves more details in user land in making.

Reaction score
Demandarin said:
It does matter actually. Sometimes, it's not your choice whether the iPad reboots or shuts off on it's own. Perfect example some apps/tweaks in Cydia. Some require the iPad to reboot, which u never know until already in installation process. So if u not at home, then install some Cydia tweak, that causes iPad to reboot. Then u s$&@ outta luck until u get back home to pc. This is what a tethered method brings to the table. With untethered, I don't have to worry the least bit about that b.s. Happening on my device. Anyways tethered is usually always released b4 untethered. Just something to hold u down until untethered is released as untethers methods involves more details in user land in making.

You are not required to reboot when Cydia tells you do to so. Just hit the Home Button, reopen Cydia and continue installing new apps. Once you are done, just restart once, or just wait with the reboot till your PC is nearby again.

Most reactions

Latest posts