What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Way to setup ICloud On PC without Outlook?

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I googled how to setup ICloud on a PC and read about the ICloud Control Panel for Windows program. The problem is, I don't have Outlook on my PC and I don't want to pay the 100 some dollars just to get it to work with ICloud Control Panel. Right now, I use Mozilla Thunderbird for email. The windows live email program bogged down my computer, so took that off a long time ago. I use google for calenders and contacts. So is there a workaround to getting ICloud onto my PC?

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe that the iCloud panel requires Outlook. You can choose which services to include or exclude and aren't obliged to use it for email. Instal it and see.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud control panel doesn't require Outlook. Download and install it and get to from the control panel. You can pick and choose what iCloud manages.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
af847

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I didn't realize. I just read on the Icloud Control panel website that it required IE or Safari (which is not a problem) and Outlook 2007 or later. So just figured I needed Outlook. Thanks for the info.

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

No email client required. Just go to ICloud.com in your browser of choice and log in.

Most reactions

Latest posts