Antiglare screen?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Montereybob, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Montereybob

Montereybob
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I bought the Moshi iVisor AG for my iPad2 so that I could read my iPad outdoors in the shade without all the reflections that normally occurred. But I must be doing something wrong because with the iVisor on, I still get all the same reflections except that the screen appears fuzzy and dim. I installed as per the instructions. Any advise?

2. biometrix

biometrix
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you are from southern California, then check out power support USA in Burbank. I paid $29 for an anti glare film which they flawlessly installed on my ipad2. It works well and does what it should. Been on the device since day 1 of the ipad2 and so far, no problem with it.

3. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Not my experience. My antiglare from Brando reduces reflections and glare, without compromising on the quality or brightness of the display. Either you have a very defective antiglare (unlikely since Moshi is a highly regarded brand) or more likely, just exaggerating the issue.

4. Montereybob

Montereybob
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Not exaggerating. Must be defective. I sent it back.

5. seess

seess
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    antiglare is of little use. Dont waste time on it.

#5 seess, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  6. sunny881120

sunny881120
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    try to replace for a new screen protector

7. mynameiserich

mynameiserich
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    False, they work great for me, on all my devices!

8. Montereybob

Montereybob
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I wonder why some people say their antiglare products work while others maintain that they don't. Does it depend on the brand? User error? Hallucinations?

9. Harters

Harters
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have got a 'MediaDevil Magic Screen protector: Matte Clear (anti-glare)' coming tomorrow (hopefully) and with all the 5* reviews it gets on Amazon I am hopeful.

I was going to get a Moshi, but that seems to be getting very mixed reviews. It will be interesting as I am MEGA particular. My current cheapo protector went on great and feels like the bare glass, but it attract loads more fingerprints than the bare glass and is really difficult to clean.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

10. donka

donka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Will be interesting to read your thoughts on this. I'm still looking for the perfect iPad screen protector - would prefer a clear one but with a feel/texture of paper to make finger gliding smoother.
    I received my MediaDevil Crystal Clear for my iPhone today but fingers still 'stick' to it instead of gliding smoothly even though the MediaDevil guy said they don't. I would consider an antiglare protector provided the clarity was not too diminished i.e. grain and colour speckling.