Annoying app store message... You cannot update this software......

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by ranjb, Apr 18, 2013.

1. ranjb

ranjb iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All

I have an IPAD2 which is jailbroken on 6.1 and in the app store i am finding even apps which are free and downloaded via the app store. If there is an update and i try to update them i receive a message " you cannot update this software since you have not owned the major version of the software". This is happening for free applications so it doesnt make sense.

To address it i have to uninstall the app, and reinstall it via app store again.

Does anyone know why i am receiving this message? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

2. jeppo

jeppo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've had this message a few times. The most common reason seems to be when I get the app from one store (ie. US store) and then try to update while logged into a different store (ie. Singapore where I live).

The other time it seems to happen is when the app goes free for a while and then after the update goes back to being paid and I have to pay for it if I want the update.

3. madisono

madisono iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry for ignorance, but what does "jailbroken" mean. is this something i need to do to my iPad?

4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,047 / 0