What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

annotation on ipad pro

karan420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was thinking to buy ipad pro and apple pencil but before that i wanted to ask and know if i can annotate or draw on a live website in any browser?

What i am doing right now is on my macbook, i have a wacom intuos and with a third party annotation software i am able to write and draw on live website. It would be great to do the same with apple pencil and also having touch screen . Is there any third party app on ipad that might do the same?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While I know of software that lets you annotate web sites, I don’t know any I’d describe as annotating a live website.

Can you let us know what app you are using on the Macbook, so we can see what features you are talking about? Also, let us know in more detail what you are using the software for. Even if there is no exact match, that does not mean there is no software that won’t accomplish the same task, if not in exactly the same way.

Also, unless you want the larger screen and extra power, the basic iPad would do the job. It supports the Apple Pencil, and would probably work fine with any web annotation software you could find.

OP
K

karan420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its called demopro.

live websites as in just a website opened in a browser .
which one is the one you know?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. This appears to be a presentation app, and it actually lets you annotate over a shared screen. So it lets you annotate over any app showing on your screen.

When I thought of annotating a live site, I thought of the annotations being linked to the actual webpage, scrolling with the web content, and persistent across sessions. If demopro does this, then there is no iPad app with similar features.

It is possible to share your screen with other users, and annotate that screen; but there are caveats. The sharing can only be done from within an app designed to do so, like Microsoft Teams. If you can annotate a website, it will probably be with an in-app browser. There is no way to open Safari (or other third party browser) share it, and annotate over it. The operating system just doesn’t allow that level of flexibility. (I do not know if Microsoft Teams will share a browser, it will share power points.)

I see that the demopro app can be paired with an iPad using Sidecar. This would allow you to use the iPad as a super powered wacom; displaying, controlling, and annotating your computer on the iPad. But if you are looking for a fully independent, mobile solution, I don’t know of one.

But I’m not all knowing, and the subject is outside my area of experience. So all hope is not lost.

Sorry.

Antonio1963

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, i am new to this posting thing and i am not an English born speaker. If i understood the question correctly, you want to annotate a web page. The only manner i am aware for and i use a lot is:
1. Go to the share button
2. Scroll until the “markup” button
3. Click on it and start annotating your webpage (you will notice that a new window opened on top of the browser)
4. After the annotations finished, click on the “done” button
5. You will be prompted to save the crated pdf file (where and name)
And that’s it
Hope I understood well

Most reactions

Latest posts