1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

America's first bookless public library will look 'like an Apple Store'

Discussion in 'User News Submissions' started by Kaykaykay, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +806 / 0
    Looks good, Kay.

I'm presently reading The Complete Golfer, written by 6 times British Open winner Harry Vardon, in 1905. I wonder what Harry would think if he could see how his book is being read now. It would seem like magic to him. Downloaded over the air, and word perfect on a sheet of glass, including the original photographs taken for the book. The more
    I read on the iPad the more comfortable I seem to become with it, and I could never find room to carry all of the volumes I have on the iPad if I were restricted to print.
  3. TheRambler

TheRambler Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    Totally agree, but there will always be a place for those good old fashioned paper books, seems strange I know, but I like to see a book shelf in a house, I have certain authors who I have complete sets of there published works. We all need a rest from looking at a screen, and I find a good old book is very relaxing before I fall asleep.
  4. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Yep, I buy a lot of e-books for casual reading, but for my favorite authors I still buy hard copies. PG Wodehouse is just more entertaining on paper. :)
  5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Amazing, isn't it? I was thrilled with my Kindle e-ink reader before iPad came out, and things have gotten even better since.

I still buy print books, too. It just depends on whichever form works best for a particular book. Like I'll buy print books for younger kids, some reference books that I know I'll want to easily flip through, mysteries that I'll read once and are cheaper than ebook versions at times, etc.

I spend lots of time away from home (though probably not as much as you do), and portability has been the best thing.
  6. Bennettb

Bennettb iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    I'm a retired librarian and my public library is in my favorite bedroom chair. Thank you overdrive for letting me borrow books from that comfy chair.

Bobbi