What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ebooks from public library

commie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to download books from public libraries(Toronto) and load them onto the Ipad? The toronto public library has eBooks for 21 day rentals, and they come in either ePub or PDF books...But when I tried downloading from my PC, it wants to go directly into Adobe Digital Reader....I can't find the pdf file or ePub file?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The files are there in a folder under Documents called My Digital Editions. Unfortunately, Adobe Digital Editions is a Flash-based system and the iPad does not do Flash. There are ways to unwrap the ADEPT (Adobe Digital Experience Protection Technology) from the books so you can read them on any reader, including iBooks, but it may not exactly be "kosher" and you do so at your own risk!

Most reactions

Latest posts