Amazon releases Amazon Instant Video app for iPad

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by dgstorm, Aug 2, 2012.

By dgstorm on Aug 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  1. dgstorm

Expand Collapse
    Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Thanks Received:

Amazon and Apple might be fiercely competing with one another on the tablet market, but that doesn’t mean that Amazon will not try to use Cupertino’s products. Just this week Amazon launched the Amazon Instant Video service for the iPad. The service becomes available on-demand and is similar to the already popular Netflix and Hulu Plus.

To get the Amazon Prime membership interested parties will have to pay $79 but the first month comes free of charge. Amazon Instant Video will allow users to stream Prime content for free and also download videos to be watched later on. Season Pass enables TV enthusiasts to watch the latest TV shows episodes, and fresh content is uploaded the very next morning the episode airs on TV screens.

The app is smart enough to let users resume what they have been watching from Kindle Fire, PS3, PC or Mac computers. There’s a caveat to this release. For example it can be quite annoying that you can’t actually search for available content. You also can’t buy new content, so you’re pretty much limited to the library you created on Amazon.

To get Amazon Instant Video users will have iOS 4.3 or higher.

By Radu

Source: Amazon Instant Video on Your iPad and Amazon Instant Video for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by dgstorm, Aug 2, 2012.

1. iPadOhana
      Has anyone tried this app? I've heard it doesn't work for iPad 3.
    2. MadChef
      I am a Amazon Prime member using the app on the original iPad. The app works great for me and I plan on catching up with some TV shows I missed.
      My first will be season two of Downton Abby. They have the original UK version, not sure if it is any different than what was shown here in the States on PBS.
      I tried a couple of preview clips and they looked great.

☮ ♥ 
    3. SheerLuckHolmes
      WOW! All this promotion for such an assume idea. I downloaded the app, because I have a number of TV shows I bought through Amazon. They stream nicely on my iMac. How fantastic it would be to send them to my TV through this app over airplay. It DOES NOT work! I only get audio no video.

So I use the App to report the problem. Within 24 hours I get a responce that says I am correct it will not work, but thanks for the feedback. Could this be just a hype to get you to buy the Amazon Prime Service where everything there does work?

Very Dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. Fleexr
      Just tried it and the design is quite nice but it's completely missing search. This could be because they're trying to hide the fact that their content base is so small. You can't NOT FIND things they don't have. ;)
    5. Blue iPad
      Blue iPad
      If anyone also runs Netflix, how does it compare? I wonder if they will make one for the iPhone too?
    6. ericwalker425
      This app does not work for jail broken iPads wow this sucks! I will not unjailbreak my new iPad 3 for amazon
    7. AdmiralAdama
      Not available in Canada. Extremely irritating.

Amazon has seriously neglected the Canadian market place with its digital offerings.

8. iPadOhana
      This might be a stupid question, but are there more choices than what appears when the app opens. It seems like there are not many choices to choose from.
    9. Blue iPad
      Blue iPad
      It looks like not many people here are happy with the app.