What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airstash help

michae222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got this air stash memory- USB -sd card reader which came ,when I link it up via the camera connection kit message flags up ,it requires to much power, I also try to open air stash app it sends another message unable to find wifi link any ideas I can try ,
These gadgets are great but where would we be without IPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a little confused here, the whole point of Airstash is that it provides wireless access so why hook it up to the CCK?

The Archangel

OP
michae222

michae222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I'm a little confused here, the whole point of Airstash is that it provides wireless access so why hook it up to the CCK?

The Archangel

As per normal you've sorted me out no prob, thought i would have to charge it up or kick it off or something thanks very much,no doupbt I'll be in touch again.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
michae222 said:
As per normal you've sorted me out no prob, thought i would have to charge it up or kick it off or something thanks very much,no doupbt I'll be in touch again.

That is great news, glad to hear that you got the problem resolved.

The Archangel

OP
michae222

michae222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I have said before and now again your probably sick of me by now,some times I can't find the right thread page so don't know who is going to get this. Silly questions but here goes -if I can pick up and drop off wirelessly from air stash to iPad should I be able to turn off Internet on laptop, open up link to air stash in settings,properties, connect and use the air stash as the middle man between the two devices without going through the USB on laptop?
Thanks for your help once again,

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
michae222 said:
As I have said before and now again your probably sick of me by now,some times I can't find the right thread page so don't know who is going to get this. Silly questions but here goes -if I can pick up and drop off wirelessly from air stash to iPad should I be able to turn off Internet on laptop, open up link to air stash in settings,properties, connect and use the air stash as the middle man between the two devices without going through the USB on laptop?
Thanks for your help once again,

Apparently the wireless connectivity can be shared by up to six devices so yes, you should have no problem doing this.

The Archangel

OP
michae222

michae222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks once again, I was hoping you would see my thread
As I'm getting into this iPad game I don't know the questions and problems till I get there

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if I can pick up and drop off wirelessly from air stash to iPad should I be able to turn off Internet on laptop, open up link to air stash in settings,properties, connect and use the air stash as the middle man between the two devices without going through the USB on laptop?

Yes, you can do that. Also, if you have an SD card reader on your laptop you can just take the one out of your Air Stash and plug it into the SD reader on your laptop. File transfer will be much, much faster than either wireless or usb (sort of depends, but for me it is much faster this way). The usb is there and most of it time it is faster than using wireless and you can keep your laptop on internet Wifi rather than putting it on the Air Stash. Take advantage of the fastest means possible to transfer files. Having usb and the SD card slot, in addition to wifi, are the plusses of this device. Use them wisely rather than assuming you can only do things a certain way.

OP
michae222

michae222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Yes, you can do that. Also, if you have an SD card reader on your laptop you can just take the one out of your Air Stash and plug it into the SD reader on your laptop. File transfer will be much, much faster than either wireless or usb (sort of depends, but for me it is much faster this way). The usb is there and most of it time it is faster than using wireless and you can keep your laptop on internet Wifi rather than putting it on the Air Stash. Take advantage of the fastest means possible to transfer files. Having usb and the SD card slot, in addition to wifi, are the plusses of this device. Use them wisely rather than assuming you can only do things a certain way.

Thanks for getting back, sometimes it helps to know what you can actually do with these devices. This is my first apple device and being very much a novice anyway it's a lot easier chatting to find out rather the spending hours to no avail.
Although the Apple is"locked down" it seems to me that you would get just as much hassle with any of the other systems that are on offer anyway.
Thanks once again, "till my next little prob"

Most reactions

Latest posts