What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airprint in black only from my iPad Air?

nanny47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that will allow me to choose black only to print from iPad Air to canon Pixma mg5520? Can only find the Pixma one that doesn't give a choice of using colour or not
Thanks,
M

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Pixma printer and I went to the computer and under the print properties you can chose your ink selection. I haven't used color In almost a year. Don't seem to have that selection on the Canon ipad ap.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's this app, which will let you print b/w, and it works with Canon printers:
Prime Print Lite
https://appsto.re/us/OY0nY.i

This is the free version, there's a paid one as well.

Last edited:
OP
N

nanny47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.
J.A. Tried the prime print life app, couldn't connect to the printer for some reason, will try again .
Ibill - yes, I can use black only from my computer as well. Looking to be able to print black only from my iPad .

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.
J.A. Tried the prime print life app, couldn't connect to the printer for some reason, will try again .
Ibill - yes, I can use black only from my computer as well. Looking to be able to print black only from my iPad .
I tried it with my Canon printer, and it worked. I needed two attempts to print in black. Hopefully you'll get it working as well.

Last edited:

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks.
I print black only from the iPad. Cant figure out why it wont work for you as you are changing the printer properties it should print black from any source then.

Most reactions

Latest posts