What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad can't find canon pixma 892. Did in the beginning, now can't. Any ideas?

Bibblets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use my iPad frequently to print on my canon pixma but now it says air print not found. It's an iPad 2 with current updates.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Bibblets - welcome to the forum! :)

I have an older Pixma printer that does not have 'Air Print' compatibility, so have been using a program on the computer (not needed on the iPad) called FingerPrint which basically mimics the Apple wireless print feature.

The other day my iPad would not print to either my Canon nor my Brother laser printer (this has happened in the past) - here are the steps that I usually perform: 1) Restart/Reset the iPad; 2) Turn the printers off, wait a short time, and then restore power; 3) Power recycle the modem & the router; and 4) Reboot the computer.

Now I usually do these in sequence and check to see if the printing function returns at each step - a few weeks ago I had to go to step 4 above, but sometimes just steps 1 and/or 2 have worked. Let us know your results and good luck!

OP
B

Bibblets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey it's fixed. Just needed to reboot wireless router. Sorry for idiocy!

Most reactions

Latest posts