What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airport Screening

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TSA's bag design guidelines states that no matter how compliant the design is that they still reserve the right to have it removed. Clear as mud?

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
TSA's bag design guidelines states that no matter how compliant the design is that they still reserve the right to have it removed. Clear as mud?

I don't object to occasionally looking at a TSA bag. I think that makes sense, either as a safeguard check or if there is something that just looks strange. I object to looking at every TSA bag, or ever iPad at a particular airport but a second airport never looking at a TSA bag or iPad.

I flew out of Bozeman, MT two weeks ago. Population 40,000. I counted 26 different TSA staff on duty at 10 AM on a Tuesday. There are five gates at the airport, two of which were not being used at the time. I am not anti-government or libertarian. I vote democrat and I in general approve of government intervention. I just object to incompetence.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last time I went through security they let three middle eastern people walk through and pulled a 90 year old white lady aside for additional screening to wand her replacement metal hip or whatever she had surgically in her body.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have two metal rods and pins in my left leg and foot area from a car wreck so i set off the metal detector everytime i go through them along with i tell them before i go though the unit..most time i raise my pants leg to show them the scars on the leg and ankle before i go through and they are like go through and go from there,

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I object to looking at every TSA bag, or ever iPad at a particular airport but a second airport never looking at a TSA bag or iPad.

It's funny how some small airports will overdo the security it seems just because they have the extra staff and yet another small airport almost completely ignores security.

Inconsistency in the airports and there screening methods does not make them more secure, it only makes them look like fools. They should have standards in place and then make purely random spot checks. Although a little racial profiling wouldn't hurt - there is little need to give the 90 year old grandma the anal probe.

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you DO know that the TSA show is called "security theatre" for a reason...
and we certainly pay for this temporary suspension of reality...

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I just got off a flight and they made me take off the ipads shoes, then they made my iPad strip in a room with a bunch investigators, my iPad was crying, but they finally released my iPad when they realized my iPad wasn't a terrorist..

Lol

Most reactions

Latest posts