What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airport Screening

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any info on airport screener s or screening,do you have to take the Ipad out of your bag and hand it to them or just let it go through the machine.

Al

Hilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't had a problem when flying either way from Canada to the US, I just left it in my backpack and it was sent through the X-Ray machine like anything else.

Cheers

edmouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my recent trip from NY to L.A. and back I had an iPad in a small shoulder bag packed inside a carry-on with wheels and a handle. They had me take the iPad out of the carry-on but I could keep it inside it's own shoulder bag. They said that as long as it was separated from the rest of the luggage it would be fine. I did not have to take it out of it's bag.
On the way back they took the iPad bag out of the grey tray where the shoes and belt and jacket, etc. were, and told me they were running it separately through the machine. It was fine then.
Funny too, I could see and hear the guys checking the screens. One guy smiled and pointed to the screen, "there's an iPad!"

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I left mine in my backpack and same with my wife both times we have traveled with ours. No issues. And not even the sleeve backpack that is TSA safe...like inside a sleeve, inside a regular back pack.

But someone on here reported that when traveling through (I think it was Germany) they treated it as a computer.

I don't really think there is anything set in stone.

PS - Why is this in the iPad OS section?:confused:

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because I posted it there I guess,I'm human I made a misteak. However I received some very good feed-back, more than I can say about some of my other posts.

Al

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When we designed our checkpoint friendly carbon fiber cases I spent a great deal of time going throught the TSA guidelines for designers. The main thing (at least for laptops), they need a complete unobstructed x-ray of the laptop. I.E, no metal covering any part of the electronics being viewed.

www.mach3composites.com

theipadstudent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.theipadstudentexperiment.com
I've had to do a lot of flying because of my summer job, but never once had problems with getting the iPad through security. Even though the TSA requires me to take out my laptop, my iPad can stay in the bag and all is well.

AP-123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always leave mine in my carry on. Haven't had to take it out yet. Maybe attention is placed on my laptop, which I still travel with and must take out for TSA screening.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I fly fairly frequently and it is all about the airport. If you are flying through Atlanta take it out. They always make me take out my ipad or kindle. Everywhere else I have not had to take it out.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And this is why we have issues with airport security, because they aren't consistent.

winwaed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geowebguru.com
Well about 3 weeks ago I flew from DFW to Jan Jose (Costa Rica) and return - both legs via Atlanta, and none of them bothered.

We also had a Trimble field computer, netbook, Kindle, and conventional laptop - we took all out except the Kindle and the iPad.

Richard

Most reactions