What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Video App

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used it and did it work? Tried to search the forums and had no luck, so I apologize if this has been covered already.

Synnerg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using air video since the day it was released with my iPhone 3G- I do not have to worry about loading any of my devices up with videos since I can stream my 100+Gb library remotely over 3G or wifi.

The interface is smooth and intuitive and hardly ever crashed. I constantly use it with the new apple hdmi out dongle on my 48" tv and get NO skipping with true hd out that is ubelievable. I recently sold my ps3 that was doing the video streaming poorly.

The desktop software starts with windows for me and has a very tiny footprint that does not interfere with my bandwidth or computers regular grind. You may have to forward ports on your router and I would suggest setting a static ip for the computer running the client to avoid those pesky dhcp leases that are going to cause you to have to back into the router and adjust the ip address you forwarded. Sometimes I do this on the fly using team viewer in conjunction.

I have added some attachments for your viewing pleasure. Overall- SOLID investment

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-619670101.png
    image-619670101.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 266
  • image-430223950.png
    image-430223950.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 246

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it too and agree 100% with the above poster.

Initially I got the free version, but found it restrictive not being able to see all my folders, so I coughed up for the pay version which is well worth it :)

Higuma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Long time user of Air Video...

The app works VERY well in the current version and with the current beta server ver: 2.4.5-beta5 on my MBP I am having great success both on my local network as well as streaming over the internet... Even using my pocket wifi here in Japan I have no streaming problems...

This app is one of the few that works so well by using Air Play to my Apple TV in the bedroom... Nice for watching avi files without the need to pre-convert and import into iTunes...

Cheers,

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the replies and information!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts