What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best wallpaper app?

josephgerth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apologies if this question has been raised already... A search yielded me no answers.

One of my absolute favorite things to do with the new iPad is to simply look at high-resolution photos. My favorite app by far is Backdrops HD, which has a number of gorgeous retina-quality photos which are perfect for wallpapers and simple viewing.

However, the app is updated with about one new picture every other day, and there simply must be more apps which contain similar quality that would allow me to view even more photos. Unfortunately, I have yet to find any that even come close to Backdrops HD...

So does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not worried too much about price - I just want quality!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
josephgerth said:
My apologies if this question has been raised already... A search yielded me no answers.

One of my absolute favorite things to do with the new iPad is to simply look at high-resolution photos. My favorite app by far is Backdrops HD, which has a number of gorgeous retina-quality photos which are perfect for wallpapers and simple viewing.

However, the app is updated with about one new picture every other day, and there simply must be more apps which contain similar quality that would allow me to view even more photos. Unfortunately, I have yet to find any that even come close to Backdrops HD...

So does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not worried too much about price - I just want quality!

Have you tried the Guardian Eyewitness App, they only add one image a day but they have quite a back catalogue.....

image-2926721615.jpg

The Archangel

dcs3473

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about Wall CASA? They have the most amazing ones I have ever seen. Use it on my PC, iPad and phone.

andyd1179

iPF Noob
Reaction score
josephgerth said:

I've been using pimp your screen and updates a lot more often with some cool pictures and others to hold your apps.

Attachments

• image-712652572.jpg
    image-712652572.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 329
OP
J

josephgerth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dcs3473 said:
How about Wall CASA? They have the most amazing ones I have ever seen. Use it on my PC, iPad and phone.

I couldn't find this app... I even googled "Wall CASA" and couldn't find anything...

The guardian express was pretty cool. It did not seem to have a save button though. It had a share button, so theoretically I could just email myself, but... Seems a bit tedious don't you think?

I'll be looking into Pimp Your Screen pretty soon too.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Jirokitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backgrounds it includes the search bar and it has the most wallpaper that you may find. The picture is one thing though but there's more then that good luck! :)

Attachments

• image-3951330352.jpg
    image-3951330352.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 4,159

CMvan46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wallpapers wide website. Can't post links yet but just google wallpapers wide.

Not an app but a great website for wallpapers. On the left side of the screen you can choose your resolution and then have only 2048x2048 photos come up. It's where I get all my wallpapers for my laptop and ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts