What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Video Discover App

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
donka said:
Hmmm, could you possibly try the BBC Sport site and try one of the videos under football like a highlights or interview please? Something that is localised to UK.

The pain of it all......I had to listen to Drogba and watch Wenger.....the sound wasn't there on the Wenger video, not sure why, maybe needed a refresh but watched both videos for as long as I could stand having them on my screen!

The Archangel

OK, thanks for that. I went back to try and it's only match highlights or live audio streaming that does not work due to territory restrictions. I was able to play back the interviews okay. Still it is the highlights and live streaming that I was most interested in.

Spindlewoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
The pain of it all......I had to listen to Drogba and watch Wenger.....the sound wasn't there on the Wenger video, not sure why, maybe needed a refresh but watched both videos for as long as I could stand having them on my screen!

The Archangel

Tried the BBC Football website as well but no sound in New Zealand either! I suppose its a step in the right direction, though, as the video seemed to be good quality

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spindlewoody said:
Tried the BBC Football website as well but no sound in New Zealand either! I suppose its a step in the right direction, though, as the video seemed to be good quality

If we all email the developer then hopefully they will sort it out, if it's playing it must just be some adjustment in the settings.

The Archangel

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I emailed the developer about localisation and they said it's on the way. Should be with us in a few weeks. This could quickly turn into a must have app. :)

Miller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to update on the original post on the thread:
Apple refunded my money... App has disappeared... I am happy ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How did they refund you ? Did they write to tell you ?
My iTunes account is US and I'm only using gift cards...

Miller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yptcn said:
How did they refund you ? Did they write to tell you ?
My iTunes account is US and I'm only using gift cards...

Mine is US as well... And they just issued a credit to the account. I initiated by filling out the iTunes Store feedback form and complaining about the app. I believe the option I selected was "app doesn't work as expected" and I was pretty clear in my comments that this was a case of fraud. I got a form letter email response which I responded to insisting that they refund my money... And they did.

So much for the allegedly arduous screening process for publishing apps... This one didn't work at all!!! What's even more weird is that the app was listed as a staff favorite... Which begs the question of what that category really means. I have to say that this experience has been very disappointing on the whole...

-miller

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer , I did the same as you but still haven't received the email you got ... Did it take long between the feedback , the email and the refund ?

I just wrote an email to iTunes support .....

Last edited:
OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Follow up on my side too...I got a very nice email from iTunes and a refund :)
Apple has a great customer support !

Most reactions