What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afraid To Upgrade

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frankly, after reading these threads, I am VERY hesitant to upgrade.

I am very pleased with my current iPad2. No problems.

Why upgrade to 6.0?

Mel

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, if I still had my 2, I wouldn't. No Passbook, no Siri, no YouTube app, no Google maps app? Not enough reasons to update yet so many reasons not too. Unless my 2 was crashing all the time on 5.1, I don't see a reason to update.

My personal pref on updating is not to update a non current issue device as the new OS is usually optimized to get the most out of the latest & greatest, yet makes older devices more buggy. At least that has been my experience with iPods & iPhones. I don't see the iPad as being any different.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Read thru the Wikipedia article on features and look at all the minor ones.

I would have upgraded for the changes in Mail and iMessage alone.

I've had no issues with the upgrade personally on my iPad 2.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score

There are third party YouTube apps and Google maps can still be accessed via safari if you can't deal with Apple maps

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:

I agree. I don't use maps and google is coming out with a replacement app for you tube. The mail and message features are great and so is updating apps with no password entry! Woot!

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have no regrets in upgrading. Love the new App Store look, the ability to upload photos directly to Facebook. The maps and Youtube we know will be improved or provided soon and you can still get them now through other means.

Striker Pirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only but is that I have to go to safari to watch youtube. All in all, I suggest to install

Jowls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Street View a lot. Alas after the upgrade that's no longer available and there are no third party alternatives that works as well as the iOS 5 version. So I would NOT recommend an upgrade to iOS 6 until there is a suitable Google app available.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jowls said:
I use Street View a lot. Alas after the upgrade that's no longer available and there are no third party alternatives that works as well as the iOS 5 version. So I would NOT recommend an upgrade to iOS 6 until there is a suitable Google app available.

I find that Skyfire browser shows Google maps Street View quite well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always been one of those wait and see guys when it comes all kinds of new gadgets, upgrades etc., so I will sit on my 5.1.1 for now. Mght even do that for a while since I do not see myself getting any use out of Siri, Passbook etc., anyway.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've always been one of those wait and see guys when it comes all kinds of new gadgets, upgrades etc., so I will sit on my 5.1.1 for now. Mght even do that for a while since I do not see myself getting any use out of Siri, Passbook etc., anyway.

I'm with you on that one.

Most reactions

Latest posts