What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I upgrade beyond IOS 5

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I suspect the answer is yes, but I need some opinions. I did not upgrade earlier because I read about some problems with the camera and I think a few other issues. But now I tried to install some apps and they require IOS 6.

Also, my current version connects flawlessly to my home wifi. I think I read there were connection problems upon upgrading. True?

I thought there was even an IOS 7. Is that true? Beta?

What is the latest regular IOS version?

Also, will everything look different than IOS 5 ?

Can someone indicate briefly what those differences are?

Thanks in advance

Mel

Last edited:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What device do you have? That will help us determine what you should do.

The latest is 6.1.3.

If I remember right, there wasn't any huge differences.

Yes, iOS 7 is coming and we believe it's soon. Yes there is a beta for developers. It looks completely different than anything done with iOS before. I suggest looking for YouTube videos about iOS 7 for more info.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I suspect the answer is yes, but I need some opinions. I did not upgrade earlier because I read about some problems with the camera and I think a few other issues. But now I tried to install some apps and they require IOS 6.

Also, my current version connects flawlessly to my home wifi. I think I read there were connection problems upon upgrading. True?

I thought there was even an IOS 7. Is that true? Beta?

What is the latest regular IOS version?

Also, will everything look different than IOS 5 ?

Can someone indicate briefly what those differences are?

Thanks in advance

Mel

Assuming that you have an iPad 2 I would upgrade (although I always do) as you will be missing more functionality by staying at a lower OS than is current. There were a few initial reports of issues including connectivity (although I had none) but the initial version of iOS 6 has since been updated to deal with these issues.

The Archangel

OP
C

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I have an iPad 2.

I assume I can just do the update via my settings, and not bother connecting to my PC.?

I remember the good old days with my PCs. I would upgrade when software would no longer work well with my current system.

I remember I moved from DOS to Windows when Turbo Tax would slow to a crawl.

I am now on Windows 7.

Anyway, if you feel there would be no major issues, I'll upgrade to IOS 6.xx

Mel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I have an iPad 2.

I assume I can just do the update via my settings, and not bother connecting to my PC.?

I remember the good old days with my PCs. I would upgrade when software would no longer work well with my current system.

I remember I moved from DOS to Windows when Turbo Tax would slow to a crawl.

I am now on Windows 7.

Anyway, if you feel there would be no major issues, I'll upgrade to IOS 6.xx

Mel

Yes, you should be able to upgrade OTA via settings although I would suggest doing a back up before you start, it's always better to err on the safe side.

The Archangel

orion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it helps any, I have 6.1.3 on my iPad 2. I've had no problems with updating.

Most reactions

Latest posts