Adobe Replies to Steve Jobs’ “Thoughts on Flashâ€

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, May 3, 2010.

1. ayerbusiness@gmail.com

ayerbusiness@gmail.com
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Adobe flash is one of the problem of iPad. I do not know why Steve Jobbs did not put adobe flash on his masterpiece.

2. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah apple just need to get out of there high horse and stop trying to build a monopoly!

3. emilyjane918

emilyjane918
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    HTML5 is becoming more and more popular, and some browsers support it, but Adobe Flash Player remains the web standard if you want computer-like browsing experience. The Nokia N900 has it and the Mozilla-based Maemo browser is probably the best mobile browser in the world. Users WILL to read newspapers on the iPad and I'm sure they'll also want to watch some YouTube videos, but iPad can't support it. So disappoint!!! I wish iPad will support flash!!! Adobe should support iPad and apple fans

4. Takenover83

Takenover83
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The iPad has a Youtube APP and it is also integrated in the OS so it can be used when a web browser calls on it. So yes, flash it not supported but YouTube is.

5. jizmo

jizmo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can't we all just get along?......:D

6. kevbo

kevbo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I wish it was supported too. Anyone else remember the days where top web designers would come out with an ultra cool flash design every few months specifically 2advanced? They're still around and all, but I bet they won't be able to use flash much longer. Any large company (many of 2advanced customers are) who has a decent technology advisor is going to put that stuff on hold. But I do miss it.

HTML5 is a coding language right? Versus Flash which is developed by something like Flash CS4, a very artist oriented tool. Perhaps it will work for most video (although I can't stream live video at any news sites, why?), but will it work for games and flash "apps"? I've seen that they have a couple of games on HTML5, but it was Doom or something. Flash games are vibrant and somewhat easy to make. I think we'd be doing the internet a disservice by ridding it of artist-oriented, rich content like Flash. There needs to be an alternative.

Anyone else think that Apple is doing this to "protect" us from free Flash games that could potentially harm their Apps Store revenue.

7. BassGear

BassGear
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It sux the iPad don't have flash, I understood this when I pre-ordered it, and I'm still happy with my iPad, but would enjoy it more with flash.

8. Npred

Npred
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Flash

Completely agree. I have no opinion on the technology itself but when you can't play a video on your favorite sites it just makes you wonder if you made the right call buying an iPad. When ipad is launched in the uk loads of people will want to use the BBC iPlayer to watch tv but they won't be able to with the ipad. Any Brits reading should think about that before buying.

9. kevbo

kevbo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    So what happens if Flash makes a comeback? Android is already bigger than the iPhone, which may likely happen with the tablet scene since it seems Google's Android will be quicker to the scene this time. Will Steve Jobs be so arrogant as to continue making excuses about adding support it? Adobe has already shown that tablets can run Flash flawlessly.

I love my iPad. I've been using it 6+ hours a day. But if a nice Google is announced this week or early next, I'm taking it back. Android has its shortfalls, but its not a result of hubris on the part of the CEO.

10. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Yep, there are so many people who just want the website to work and will have no clue why it doesn't.

+1 in the group who wants Apple and Adobe to play nice.

Show me something like Farmville in HTML5 and maybe I'll be a little more understanding. The best I've found are a few small proof-of-concept sites with rather poor support for various browsers (including Safari).:ipad-keyboard: