What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Finally Abandons Efforts to Get Flash Onto iPad/iPhone

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
adobe-logo42310.jpg

Wired.com’s Gadget Lab blog is reporting today that Adobe has announced they are finally giving up the ghost on their efforts to get Flash onto the iPad and iPhone. The decision was announced in a blog post from Mike Chambers, Adobe’s principal product manager for Flash development.
In his blog post, entitled “On Adobe, Flash CS5 and iPhone Applicationsâ€, Chambers referred to the clause in Apple’s new iPhone developer program license which has been widely regarded as a ban on developer’s using Flash. Here’s a particularly choice quote from Chambers’ post:
“The primary goal of Flash has always been to enable cross browser, platform and device development. The cool web game that you build can easily be targeted and deployed to multiple platforms and devices. However, this is the exact opposite of what Apple wants. They want to tie developers down to their platform, and restrict their options to make it difficult for developers to target other platforms. There is plenty of commentary online about this so I won’t belabour the point.â€

Chambers adds that Adobe is now turning its attention to Android-based phones and tablets, and is working alongside Google to bring Flash Player 10.1 and Adobe AIR 2.0 to such devices.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
[Source: http://www.wired.com]

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of sites out there that rely on Flash-it will take a while for people/companies to change over and abandon it. The sooner the better. My company has flash on our site and it is an absolute nightmare with cost, and indexing.

gbax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like my iPhone but I don't appreciate Jobs' business strategies.

Apple is going to ruin a good thing if they keep it up.

Most reactions

Latest posts