What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Flash: real time listening vs. podcasts

bullbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may not be as it seems but..... I like to listen to Diane Rehm Show. At the program site, I'm told that I need Adobe Flash to be able to listen. I find that Apple does not allow Adobe Flash to be downloaded. Then, I find that I can listen to the DR Show podcast! Why isn't Adobe Flash required for both realtime and podcast listening or why don't the realtime broadcasts use the same audio format that their podcast uses? Thanks for your enlightenment! Bob

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bullbob said:
This may not be as it seems but..... I like to listen to Diane Rehm Show. At the program site, I'm told that I need Adobe Flash to be able to listen. I find that Apple does not allow Adobe Flash to be downloaded. Then, I find that I can listen to the DR Show podcast! Why isn't Adobe Flash required for both realtime and podcast listening or why don't the realtime broadcasts use the same audio format that their podcast uses? Thanks for your enlightenment! Bob

An interesting question about Flash for once. Many websites such as YouTube are now busily converting all their media to be HTML5 compliant, so in some cases you will find a flash version and in others you will search and find an HTML5 compatible version. It'll be pot luck for a while but eventually everything should (!) be HTML5 compliant.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts