What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Flash on New Ipad Air 7.0.4 has anyone tried it yet?

turntablez123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting flash on their new version of the ipad yet? I know a lot of tweeks and what not aren't usable yet. This is the Flash add on for Safari I am talking about.....this is a copy and paste tutorial I found on google.

1. Download Frash.deb and keep it nearby.
2. Decide how you’re going to get files onto your iPad.
3. Once you’ve got access to the iPad’s filesystem, navigate to /var/root/Media.
4. Once there, open Media and create a folder called “Cydia.â€
5. Open the new Cydia folder and create another new folder called “AutoInstallâ€
6. Upload Frash to your new folder.
7. Restart your iPad a couple of times.
8. You’re set! Now just navigate to a page in Safari with non-video Flash content and hit the F logo to play it. Again, no video for now, but games and other simple content works. We did have a few crashes here and there, but it’s early code, and things are bound to get better.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frash is a tweak that was developed over 3 years ago. It was buggy then (on iOS 4) and, as far as I know, it was abandoned by the developer (comex). It certainly has not been updated for iOS 7. Or iOS 6.

IOW, I wouldn't put it on my iPad. :) May I suggest you look at some of the browsers that use a remote feed to view Flash? Ones such as iSwifter and Proton work well for me...

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Frash is a tweak that was developed over 3 years ago. It was buggy then (on iOS 4) and, as far as I know, it was abandoned by the developer (comex). It certainly has not been updated for iOS 7. Or iOS 6.

IOW, I wouldn't put it on my iPad. :) May I suggest you look at some of the browsers that use a remote feed to view Flash? Ones such as iSwifter and Proton work well for me...

Marilyn

+1 for Proton Browser. It's the most reliable one from testing different apps that promises Flash.

OP
T

turntablez123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks. So basically what your saying is try out a secondary web browser that supports flash. Ok. I'll check out the proton browser. Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts