What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail

Moiranne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since BT have changed from Yahoo to BT mail I have not been able to send emails, they just stay in the outbox. I deleted the account and tried to add it again but it says 'incorrect username or password'. When I log in on the BT website with the same username and password there is no problem. Any ideas please?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you add the account to your Mail app, use "Yahoo" to set it up. Make sure that you enter the password in Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) as well, although it's just an option there.

If it still doesn't work, you might have to reset your password and use a new one.

If you are not able to send emails afterwards, try to select a different SMTP Server, if it's possible. This can't be done with every account, maybe BT allows it.

Borderboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since BT have changed from Yahoo to BT mail I have not been able to send emails, they just stay in the outbox. I deleted the account and tried to add it again but it says 'incorrect username or password'. When I log in on the BT website with the same username and password there is no problem. Any ideas please?

Had this problem for weeks. BT executive technical help desk advice took me to a link ( that I had used before) which was instructions for setting up BT mail..

Still didn't work. Thinking outside the box I looked at when it had worked and when it had stopped working. Result?----- stopped when I was told to set up for the move from a yahoo BT Mail to BT Mail in October. That's when the problems stated. so the instructions we have all been sent to are for setting up for BT MAIL.

So I went to iPad. Settings. --- mail. Add account. --- Selected YAHOO NOT. OTHER. Worked first time and is now stable.

Try this hope it works

Most reactions

Latest posts