1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Adding links to emails

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Waterbabies, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Waterbabies

Waterbabies iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ow do you add a link into an email? I just can't seem to find it at all, and I'm sure there must be a way.
  2. erotty

erotty iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Direct type the words of link in mail, when others get your mail, the link words will automatically turn into click-and-open link.
    ps: must type the whole url including http://
  3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
  4. Waterbabies

Waterbabies iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks both. None of the links above help. I can add the whole link URL fine, but I want the script to show what the link is about, rather than the actual URL. eg I want "About me" to show as the script, but when you click on that words "About me" , it will take you to the URL. (IYKWIM)
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 0
    As far as I know, you can't do that with the iPad's stock Mail app. I just tried the process I use here at the forum and sent myself an e-mail. No go.

So, maybe try an app like MarkdownMail ($2.99, USD)? According to the developers, MarkdownMail is the easiest way to compose and send HTML emails on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. I've never tried it, though I've heard other forum members talk about/recommend it. In fact, now that I see it, it looks intriguing. Hmmmm.... :D

Anyway, take a look at the description of it in the App Store. Looks as if it'll do what you want. There are others, I'm sure, but this is the one that I thought of off the top of my head.

Good luck.

Marilyn
  6. nyc2sd30

nyc2sd30 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Go to the page you want to link to in safari. Hit the icon to the left of the address bar and one of the options will be to "mail a link to this page"

Ohh nevermind. I just saw you want a descriptive links vs a URL link

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  7. Waterbabies

Waterbabies iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I've installed Markdownmail, as I thought it would be the answer to this. I am now absolutely and totally bemused, because I don't have a clue how to use it. There seems to be no help or instructions at all. Has anyone used it, and if so, how in earth do you write an email. All I can see is a load of options to make new signatures, but no way to delete them, so I now seem to have a load of blank signature options (which I don't want to keep), which I made while trying to work things out. If anyone has used this program, could you enlighten me how to use it please?
    Thanks