What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email doesnt open links

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys

as the title says, I cannot open any external links in my email app for some reason.
it seems that the email adds the letter "o" at the beginning of every URL, making it invalid. I really don't know why it does that.
here's a screenshot: http://db.tt/TqmJNWFO
notice the letter "o" at the beginning of the URL. this happens with any link I try to open.

anyone came across this before? help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

mnfl

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could be happening at the senders end. Have you checked that via web mail or another email client? You need to check that to prove or disprove that it is the iPad email client doing it.

All I can suggest is copy and pasting the URL into safari, removing the zero in the process. If it is just on the iPad client, it may be an issue with the email set-up and how it talks to the mailbox.

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be happening at the senders end. Have you checked that via web mail or another email client? You need to check that to prove or disprove that it is the iPad email client doing it.

All I can suggest is copy and pasting the URL into safari, removing the zero in the process. If it is just on the iPad client, it may be an issue with the email set-up and how it talks to the mailbox.

when I use my laptop and click on the link it opens normally.
when I press, hold, and copy the URL from Mail, the "o" doesn't get copied with it. so I simply paste it in safari and press go.
it really is just when I directly single-click it from the Mail app.
weird :/

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FIXED]

I installed Browser Changer tweak. I haven't defined any browser in the Select Browser setting of the tweak. once I did, Mail opened links normally to my selected browser.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MNFL said:
[FIXED]

I installed Browser Changer tweak. I haven't defined any browser in the Select Browser setting of the tweak. once I did, Mail opened links normally to my selected browser.

Lol, that's Jailbreak for you!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Good to know it was something easily fixed (though not easily found, I'm sure!). I'm sure others who may have this problem will be glad to see this.

Appreciate it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts