What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding an email address

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a way to add an email address to my contacts if I didn’t get email from them
Thanks
Amy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using the Mail app, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, select the GMail account and turn on Contacts. Once contacts are on your GMail contacts should sync with the Contacts app. You can add and edit contact info there.

I think the settings used to be under Passwords & Accounts in iPadOS 13, or pehaps it was iOS 12. I lose track these days.

You can not edit contacts in the Gmail app. For whatever reason, Google has never provided a contact app for iOS. You have to sync with a thrid party app or use the website.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apparently you can edit the same settings in the Contact app’s settings now. Convinient.

Note that you do not have to turn on Gmail’s mail service. You could just turn on Contacts, use that app and continue using whatever mail app your prefer.

If the Contacts app isn’t powerful enough for your tastes, I’m pretty fond of Cardhop.

OP
A

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apparently you can edit the same settings in the Contact app’s settings now. Convinient.

Note that you do not have to turn on Gmail’s mail service. You could just turn on Contacts, use that app and continue using whatever mail app your prefer.

If the Contacts app isn’t powerful enough for your tastes, I’m pretty fond of Cardhop.

thanks for answering.

Most reactions