What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accidentally erased the Notes App on new Mini IPad 4

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
need help on how to recover it - thanks in advance
Go to the App Store and search for Notes. When you find it, tap the cloud icon to re-download it to your iPad. Although this will get back the app itself, any notes in the app would have been deleted when the app was. If your notes were synced through iCloud, you'll get them back when the app is re-installed.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jnscts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the App Store and search for Notes. When you find it, tap the cloud icon to re-download it to your iPad. Although this will get back the app itself, any notes in the app would have been deleted when the app was. If your notes were synced through iCloud, you'll get them back when the app is re-installed.

OP
J

Jnscts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response - however I am brand new to the iPad 4. Unable to find it in the App Store (there are a few notes but need to know exactly what the app is called and know doubt it is free. Sorry to be a bit ignorant on this matter.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As already suggested, you should be able to see the app going to the App Store on your iPad - the image below is from my iPad using the search term 'Notes' - the app circled in blue is the one you want - mine says 'Open' because it is already on my iPad - you may see a cloud for download as stated by Scifan.. - nothing mysterious here - :) Dave
IMG_ACD57C6501C3-1.jpeg

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is common sense that any apps removed from iPad are recoverable with a little cloud icon on App Store.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very true but I deleted my National Lottery app and later downloaded it again now my app has no picture in it and looks very odd on the screen I’ve not been able to sort this one out.

Most reactions

Latest posts